Working at DriveScale
Open, Honest and Fair are at the core of everything we do. Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose is how we move toward the future. These are our values, and we live and breathe them everyday.
DriveScale is a team of highly accomplished innovators and entrepreneurs who are delivering the next generation data center architecture for big data workloads. Our Software Composable Infrastructure does for clusters, what virtualization did for servers. Join us and make an impact on the future of big data!
DriveScale offers competitive salaries, equity, bonus plans, and 401(K) accounts, along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans. We encourage a healthy work/life balance with a flexible work day and team outings such as movies, bocce ball or onsite happy hours.
Customer Support Engineer
This Customer Support Engineer will interface with DriveScale customers to deliver and maintain DriveScale products. The primary focus will be to support DriveScale’s latest SW downloadable products and to set up and maintain support tools, such as customer self-help knowledge base, public community forums, and ticket system.
- Customer Engagement
- Maintain 100% DriveScale customer satisfaction
- Timely communication with customers concerning the status of open support issues, agreeing priority based on customer business impact, setting clear expectations about next steps and timeframes. Responsible for delivering against commitments.
- Ensuring that customer issues are resolved in a timely manner and to their satisfaction as measured by SLAs and customer satisfaction surveys.
- Thoroughly documenting all communication, troubleshooting, and activity on issues reported by customers in Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Troubleshooting issues related to 3rd party software or hardware.
- Customer Training to include educating customers on specific product functionality or procedures required to resolve their issues.
- Customer Support Systems
- Interface with R&D Engineering / QA to become a DriveScale product expert.
- Working collaboratively with other team members and members of other DriveScale teams such as R&D Engineering, QA, Product Mgmt, and Sales.
- Maintain customer support tools and environments, such as
- DriveScale product download site
- DriveScale knowledge base and communities (Salesforce Service Cloud)
- DriveScale ticket system
Ideal Candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of software support experience, preferably in a high tech startup.
- Considerable experience supporting complex, multi-tiered enterprise software applications.
- Ability to multi-task and work through problems independently.
- Strong Communications skills (written & verbal).
- 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience, BS Computer Science preferred.
- Highly organized and self-starting.
- Curious and interested in learning new technologies.
- Strong priority management skills and proven problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates awareness and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Datacenter Server Installations
- Linux/Windows System Administration
- Network Administration (Ethernet/IP)
- Salesforce Service Cloud, JIRA
- Nice to have:
- Storage Administration experience (e.g. NAS, SAN, HCI, RAID).
- SQL, MySQL, Cassandra database administration and troubleshooting
- Python / Bash scripting knowledge
- Docker / KVM knowledge
Location: Waltham, MA or Sunnyvale, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: Salary open based on background, (plus goal achievement bonuses, benefits, and equity options)