Last Updated: August 17, 2018
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us or on the Services. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
II. WHAT INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
If you have provided us with a means of contacting you, we may use such means to communicate with you. For example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses or communicate with you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open a message from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by sending an email to. Please note that if you do not want to receive legal notices from us, those legal notices will still govern your use of the Services, and you are responsible for reviewing such legal notices for changes.
- Information from our advertising partners: We receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements or communications.
- Contact information provided by Discover.Org is used to create email mailing lists and campaigns.
When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often users use parts of the Services, so that we can make the Services appealing to as many users as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners; our partners may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
III. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We process Personal Information to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
- Personalize website content and communications based on your preferences
- Respond to user inquiries or requests
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Enforce our Terms of Service
IV. WILL COMPANY SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. However, we do share your Personal Information with third parties as described in Section II and in this Section:
V. IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
VI. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We retain Personal Information about you until you notify us that you would like us to delete or remove your Personal Information.
VII. WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our special features.
You may request deletion of your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our records, for example in our archives, after your request of deletion of such information. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. Please also note that comments you post publicly on our Website, such as comments on our blog posts, will remain visible to the public.
If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at email@example.com. Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and for this notice to include contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IX. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com, and we will try to resolve your concerns.
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Information, as outlined below.
For this section, “Personal Information” has the same meaning as “personal data” as defined in the GDPR and the term “processing” as it is defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Information” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. DriveScale will be the controller of your Personal Information processed in connection with the Services. If DriveScale processes your Personal Information on behalf of a client, DriveScale operates as a data processor and this section does not apply to DriveScale’s processing.
We will only process your Personal Information if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
- IP address
- Cookie information
- LinkedIn profile
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Information?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Information, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Information we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Information. You can also access certain of your Personal Information by emailing us at GDPRrequest@drivescale.com
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data by emailing GDPRrequest@drivescale.com
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Information from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Information, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Information in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Information for certain purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Information with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through DriveScale and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Information about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to DriveScale in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize DriveScale to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. pursuant to a data processing agreement incorporating standard data protection clauses promulgated by the European Commission, a copy of which can be obtained at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087.
What If You Have Questions Regarding Your Personal Information?
If you have any questions about this GDPR Privacy Notice or our data practices generally, please contact us using the following information:
Physical Address: 1230 Middas Way Ste. #210, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
Contact name: Henk Jan Spanjaark, Email: HJS@drivescale.com
Effective Date: August 17, 2018