DriveScale supports Kubernetes and Docker providing persistent storage for container environments. Enterprises today are relying on container technology and orchestration to help them achieve business results faster. The combination of DriveScale’s Composable Infrastructure solution and Kubernetes enables businesses faster time to market at a fraction of the cost of traditional approaches.
DriveScale FlexVolume Plug-In
- Location Aware
- Shared Nothing
- Enterprise scale
- Deliver native performance of the devices to containers
- Performance and scaling model of storage is identical to the applications running in Bare Metal servers today
- Delivers Data Locality, and IO scalability and performance for containerized applications
- Maintains Storage Persistence
- Transparent to applications running in containers
- Achieves container mobility critical to deliver on efficiency gains
Whether a Kubernetes cluster is used for DevOps environment or as a way to provide container application platforms, DriveScale provides for a scalable infrastructure which can achieve container mobility to deliver efficiency gains and high performance.
With DriveScale, administrators can create clusters with disk-lite compute nodes (which serve as master and slave nodes) and bind on demand persistent storage from the storage pool to the containers with the different applications. The cluster can be modified by adding or removing one or more compute nodes without disrupting the other nodes and applications. This helps to right the infrastructure on the fly rather than over or under provisioning at the beginning.
With DriveScale, container application platform providers can create clusters with disk-lite compute nodes (which serve as master and slave nodes) and bind on demand persistent storage from the storage pool to the containers for each customer. The cluster can be modified by adding or removing one or more compute nodes without disrupting the other nodes and applications.